Money to Buy Cupcakes

During Obama’s townhall meeting today, stumping (OK, lying) about the healthcare reform bill being rammed through Congress before the August recess, he took the time to explain (OK, lie) to us about what he’s done to help the economy that he continually claims Bush destroyed before leaving office.  Obama brags, “Less than one month after taking office we enacted the most sweeping economic recovery package in history.  And, by the way, we did so — we did so without any earmarks or wasteful pork barrel projects, pet projects that we’ve become accustomed to.” Actually, let’s review a breakdown of that glorious economy recovery act as examined by the National Review:

Only 13% actually had anything to do with simulating the economy. The remaining 87 percent went to pet projects and boondoggle programs, such as $4.2 billion for neighborhood stabilization activities, to pay off Obama’s storm troopers, ACORN, as well as:

$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts;

$650 million for digital-TV coupons;

$87 million for a ship that breaks polar ice (I thought global warming was taking care of that?)

$600 million to convert the federal auto fleet to hybrids;

$450 million for NASA to engage in climate-research missions;

$600 million for NOAA to engage in climate modeling;

$1 billion for the Census Bureau.

Now apparently my earnings don’t qualify for this tax cut Obama espouses, which supposedly shows up in each paycheck v. the lump sum most of us received last year (last year my earnings qualified…but I guess I am considered rich now and must sacrifice to spread the wealth around). In any event, whoever receives this tax relief should be happy to know that Obama declared today that you now have “money in your pocket to buy cupcakes and other necessities of life”. I guess the rest of us will just have to forego dessert.

Advertisements

4 Comments

Filed under Uncategorized

4 responses to “Money to Buy Cupcakes

  1. Man, every time Obama opens his mouth he makes me furious. What a liar in chief.

    Hey, welcome to the SGP bloggers club.
    http://mainfo.blogspot.com/

  2. Every time that man opens his mouth he makes me more furious. What a liar in chief.

    Hey, welcome to the SGP bloggers club.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s